Monday, December 6, 2010

A good day

I had a good day today.  No government mail, no social worker phone calls, nor visa approval notices.  But it was one of those days where you realize how cool and wonderful all your friends are.

-One of my co-workers, whom I talk with maybe 2 times a year called and asked how things were going.  She wanted to know how Jae was and make sure he way safe with all this crap going on over there. 
-Another co-worker in my department gave me probably the nicest compliment I have ever received.  Being the mush that I am these days, I teared up right there in the company gym.
-My friend / neighbor / co-worker called and said she wants to take me for a spa day before Jae comes home.
-At spin class one of the members of the Owatonna Bike Club was overjoyed at our news about Jae!  This is the first time I have seen this individual since Jae's referral and I was very touched at how happy she was for us.  Added to her list of daily prayers is Jae's speedy arrival.
-I just received a text from a family member (but also a very close friend) as follows:  "We are watching the Amazing Race tonight and Maya is so excited.  'This is where baby Jae comes from.'  She is very taken with him. =)."
-My boss recommended a bunch of childrens' books I need to buy before Jae comes home.

WOW!  We are blessed. 

Love,
Jae's Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment