Sunday, December 19, 2010

Good days while waiting (and a few bad ones)

I have bad days.  This waiting thing sucks and gets very hard some days; but Paul and I choose to focus on the good.  I know I haven't blogged in a few days so here is a quick summary of some of the great people and moments from the last week:

Wednesday night Paul and I ate at a Korean restaurant on the U of M campus prior to a Gopher game.  All the tables were full, but one Korean man had a table of 4 all to himself.  He stood up and asked us to join him.  He then took the time to explain all of the Korean dishes in front of us and their health benefits.  I will be more thoughtful like this gentleman.

At the immigration and customs office on Thursday, there was a gentleman from Egypt that was in the final stages of becoming a US Citizen.  He was on the verge of having a very big moment in his life and all he wanted to hear about was ours.  "So you have a son.  That is wonderful news."  I will help celebrate others' joys like this gentleman did.

The below are the result of one of our agency's worker's husband.  I will share my gifts (although not artistic ones) as this gentleman did.
Herzog in Korean

Jae's new wall art

Jae in Korean

The girls of Owatonna Shoe make us feel like celebrities every time we walk in the door and it is not because of all the shoes I purchase.  I absolutely love that they are part of our adoption story. I will never forget walking out of their back storage room (after hearing about Jae for the very first time) and seeing all their smiling yet tear filled faces.  Thanks for sharing such an important moment in our lives.  I will make others feel like a celebrity as do the lovely ladies of O-town Shoe.

A friend at work that knows how to distract me from the fact that Jae isn't home.  I will always be there for her as she was for me.

And finally, my husband.  I have had some rough days the last few.  But he always helps remind me how wonderful our lives are.  We have a son.  One that is being cared for, loved, and well...spoiled.  Yes, we wish he was home, but we also know he is in great hands.  And when he does come home, it will be better than we ever imagined.  I will always make Paul feel as special and loved as he does me.

There are a lot of good, caring people out there...you just need to know where to look.

Love,
Jae's Mom

2 comments:

  1. aw angela...you are such an amazing person...you have been this way your whole life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. VEry Lovely post. I think I'm changing sign in names on you again. I'm in transition. Ha. ha. You had a very blessed encounter in that Korean restaurant! Love, love, love Korean food, but I haven't branched out much to experience some of the odd (to me) ones. Even though I have 4 Korean cookbooks, I stick to just several recipes in that book I sent you. I made Kim Chi again, first time in about 12 years. It turned out great. We can get it in some stores, however. Soup is really a big thing in Korea. In the very traditional restaurants, and I suspect in the homes, soup is always served with the meals, but not water. Water in Seoul can't be ingested from the faucets. The people have large bottled water containers in the homes. How long will you be there when you travel?

    ReplyDelete