Saturday, December 24, 2011

Christmas Eve

I know Thanksgiving is long over, but I am thankful on this Christmas Eve.  Paul and I got to thinking about where we were last Christmas Eve, and it wasn't exactly a good place.  There were a lot of tears last year at Christmas and none of them happy ones.  We really struggled through the holidays without Jae home last year.  Knowing our son was a 1/2 a world away and no real indication of when he was coming home was really, really, really hard.

Fast forward a year and there are still lots of tears, but happy ones.  I find myself constantly tearing up and kissing Jae's cheeks so thankful to have him home and part of our family.  What a difference a year makes.  Paul and I have always had a wonderful, strong, happy marriage, but these past few months have been better than all the rest. 

Merry Christmas Jae Miles Herzog.  We love you.  Welcome home.

Baby bear says, "cheese!"
Christmas at Grandma and Grandpa Herzogs.

Nothing like mowing in the middle of winter

Our Christmas pooch.


Love,
Jae's Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment