Friday, November 26, 2010

Thankful

Paul and I have so much to be thankful for this year and Jae is a VERY big part of it.  We have a happy, healthy baby boy.  Last week we received an updated picture of Jae!  That little cutie is getting big and boy oh boy does he have hair!  It was a fun week at the office showing off pictures of my newest love.

This week I am reading as much as I can about adoption and Korea.  I keep switching back and forth between a book about general Korean culture  (did you know the traditional Korean 1st birthday cake is layered with pink, green, brown and white layers?) and a book about toddler adoption.  I would highly recommend (as our agency did) 'Toddler Adoption-The Weaver's Craft' by Mary Hopkins Best to anyone that is looking to adopt a child between the ages of 1 and 4.  It has a lot of good information and ideas on how to make the transition as smooth as possible.  Plus it is just been reassuring.  We are going into this process with the right frame of mind and the appropriate expectations. 

Lastly, keep praying that the North and South Korea return to peace.  Yes, my reasons are very selfish, but no one needs this sort of conflict.

Love,
Jae's Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment