Saturday, September 18, 2010

Craziness and a care package

I have never been pulled in two completely different directions in my life!  I have so much time sensitive stuff to complete in order to bring Jae home as soon as possible.  The only problem is, work is crazy right now too.  Welcome to parenthood, Angela.  Don't get me wrong, I am over the moon that we got Jae's referral. . .but 2 days after we returned from a 2 week vacation makes it hard.  Again, welcome to parenthood, Angela.

One of the really fun things we get to do this weekend is put together a care package for Jae.  Everything must fit within a 1 gallon zip lock bag, which makes it tough.  So far we have a soft blue teddy bear (thanks Danielle O.) a blanket with little monkeys all over it (thanks Katie M.) a soft picture book where we put our own pictures in the book (thanks Lisa A.), a disposable camera, and a teething toy.  Hope Jae likes all of it! We actually bought a 4 pack of blankets and my sweet husband decided that Jae would probably like the one with the monkeys the best.  But the best part is, our adoption agency suggested that we sleep with the bear and blanket before we send it off.  That way some of our scent will be on it for Jae.  That bear and blanket are going to get snuggled tonight!  I haven't slept with a teddy bear in years but I can't tell you how excited I am to put on PJs and grab my stuffed animal at bedtime tonight!  Do you think Paul will give me a warm glass of milk as well?!  :)

Love,
Jae's Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment