Monday, September 20, 2010

Paperwork and Blue Cupcakes

If every signature gets Jae closer to home, he got a lot closer today.  Paul and I must have signed our John Hancock at least 25 times...each one needing a public notary.  We signed documents saying we will be financially responsible for Jae, that we are natural US citizens, that we will have Jae vaccinated upon reaching the US, that we will complete the required adoption follow up work, that we both still have jobs, etc. etc.  Whew.  But, Jae is already worth it.

For our co-workers reading this blog...get ready for some cupcakes tomorrow!  I am baking vanilla cupcakes with blue cream cheese frosting.  I love to bake, and it has been killing me that I haven't had time to bake in the last 3 or 4 weeks (I am Peggy Hunze's daughter after all).  And it was one week ago that Paul and I got "the phone call."  I think that calls for a celebration...just don't expect us to celebrate "the phone call" every week!

Without going too mushy on everyone, thank you so much for the well wishes and prayers.  I can't believe all the wonderful emails, facebook posts, and blog comments that we have received.  Not to mention all the really cute baby stuff.  Jae is VERY spoiled already.  It means the world to us that we have so many people pulling for us.  It has been a long road, but the end is in sight.

Love,
Jae's Mom

2 comments:

  1. We are all excited for you here in South Dakota (The Voss Family Especially)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun (but exhausting) day!!! Baby Jae, you'll be home soon enough!!

    ReplyDelete