Monday, October 11, 2010

"..and I have a 6 month old!"

This past weekend was really fun, for multiple reasons.  Mostly because it was the first time "Yes, I am a Mom to a 6 month old" came out naturally.  I loved it. 

The flip side is: the more and more I get used to this new role the harder it is not to have Jae here.  On Saturday his room will be basically ready to go and so will his parents.  But that isn't how this game works.  I know birth parents get anxious during the 9 months; but, I would think they also take comfort in the fact that the baby needs to stay in the womb for health reasons.  For us, it is different.  Paul and I try to stay positive and keep moving forward but we are ready to bring our beautiful baby boy home.  Yes, Jae need us.  But on days like today, I think we need Jae much more.

I started my blog for two reason - 1) to inform close family and friends (that I don't get to talk to everyday) how the process is going.  and 2) for Jae.  I want him to read this blog one day when he is older.  This post is for Jae.

Love,
Jae's Mom

1 comment:

  1. I love reading your blogs. Its so neat you are adopting a baby. Sounds like Jae and Rory are close to the same age. She was born April 24. I wish you didn't have to wait so long for him, that must be hard. But before you know it tomorrow will be yesterday.

    ReplyDelete