Friday, March 25, 2011

PA and the MSP baggage claim

I spent all this week in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania.  My typical work field trip week visiting clients, working with Marketing Reps, and putting on a happy face.  But it was a tough week.  Whenever I meet new clients they always ask where I am from, how long I have worked for Federated...and about my family.  Whenever clients ask if I have kids, I just don't know what to say.  Yes, I have a son, but when they start asking details, the entire store comes spilling out whether I want it to or not.  I love talking about Jae, but it is getting harder and harder to do.  Being out in the field, away from Paul, living in a hotel wears on me, but even more so with Jae's 1st birthday right around the corner.

But it was the end of my field trip that had me in uncontrollable tears.  While waiting for my luggage at MSP, I looked over to the international arrival area.  It was very quick that I noticed a group of people all holding signs like "Grandma,"  "Aunt Mary,"  "Welcome Home Mom!"  I asked the new "Grandma" if they were waiting to meet their newest Grandchild, of course her answer was "yes."  Her daughter was arriving home from Ethiopia with her daughter.  I told her that I am also in the process of adopting and asked if I could watch from afar.  It was one of the best yet hardest things I have ever witnessed.  I am not going to lie, I lost it.  Bless the new "Grandma's" heart she came over and actually introduced me to her new granddaughter.  It was very emotional for me.  Hope our day comes sooner than later.

Wanting to leave my blog on a more positive note, I came home to a very cool package.  I am sure Jae will enjoy listening to all those children's CDs during road trips.  :)  Thanks H.V.  Very cool of you and the boys. 

Love,
Jae's Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment