Monday, August 29, 2011

14 Hour Plane Ride Later

We are in Seoul...and we are tired!  Paul said he only slept 5 minutes on the plane and I got about 2.5 hours of sleep.  So at this point we have been basically awake for the past 24 hours.

But we made it to the guesthouse and it will work just fine.  Small room with a bed, small closet, tv and bathroom, which is all we really need.  After unpacking some items we headed down the road for a quick bite.  I am very embarassed to say our first meal in Korea was at Pizza Hut.  We were just so tired and hungry that it was the first option we were comfortable with and were pretty confident we would get fast service.  But, don't worry, we had a good bowl of bibimbap on the plane (a mixture of rice, beef, sprouts, other veggies and hot sauce) and we fully plan to eat authentic from here on out.

Pretty emotional day.  I know we are sleep deprived, but walking into the lobby here at Eastern really took a toll on me.  I kept it together until we shut our room door, then I lost it.  Knowing Jae has been were multiple times was quite a rush of emotions.  And he will be here tomorrow!  We will meet our son in 15 hours.  I thought about him a lot of plane, and I know Paul was thinking of him too.  We are nervous but ready.  Ready to meet the boy that we have been hearing about for the past year.

One last quick note, while waiting for our flight in Chicago, I noticed a couple that looked really familiar...yep, also from our US agency and here to pick up their son! 

7:30pm and it is time for bed.  We have a very big day tomorrow.

Love,
Jae's Mom

2 comments:

  1. You have to get some sleep, lady! It will make time pass faster. I know you're excited, who could sleep with such a big day coming up. I'm happy you are getting your son. Will keep you in prayer. Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All my prayers for you, Angela, Paul, & Jae, are full of praise to God! When I pray for you, my heart is full of joy. Phil.1:3-4. Praying you are fully restored ...Jae is so lucky!! Soon he will see his mommy @ daddy face to face! -Ann Frank

    ReplyDelete