Friday, August 12, 2011

BIG DAY!

It was a big day yesterday as we got word that Jae has EP (Emigration Permission)!  This means Jae is basically out of the Korean Ministry and only waiting on the US Embassy in Seoul to issue an entrance visa.  This might happen in the next few days so we were told to make sure we have things in order in case we get the travel call next week (but it could take as long as 3 weeks).  I still can't believe it!  Funny though, neither Paul nor myself got super emotional about it.  We knew it was coming and it was just simply exciting news! 

Eleven months.  We have known about Jae for eleven months.  That is a long time to wait for the other love of your life to come home.  In many ways I am glad I didn't know this would take 11 months.  Yes, our US agency said it could take up to 11 months, but I think that was the extreme end of the range.  I don't think our agency really expected it to take 11 months.  They couldn't have predicted that the Korean Ministry would stop processing in the 11 hour of our adoption process. 

Jae is coming home.  If that kid ever goes this long without calling/visiting again...he is grounded!

Love,
Jae's Mom

3 comments:

  1. Hope you guys can get enough sleep between now and then. I remember seeing your parents in church after we brought home our girl and they could tell how tired we were.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elizabeth (Henry) ShafferAugust 12, 2011 at 10:14 AM

    I'm so happy to see this update! I've been thinking of you guys and just praying you would get a call soon. I can't wait to see some family pictures on here soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Ange, this just made me smile today! So happy to hear this good news. Watch out Jae, your Momma is coming to get you!!!!

    Love,
    Holly (Hanson)

    ReplyDelete